Monday, January 4, 2010

Bozo The Clown

This post is at Vintage Susie's request. After much digging I found a photo of me with Bozo the clown. Isn't it a hoot. That is my best friend at the time Diane to my right in the picture. (your left as you are looking at it.) and that's my little brother Steve. Now somewhere in the Bozo archives from the late 1960's is us playing one of the Bozo games.
Our whole Brownie troop went. That was the first time we went to Windsor, Canada. Going through the tunnel was an interesting experience. I think I was in first grade. Diane was a year older than me. I was tall for my age until about the 6th grade then I stop growing. I remember my Mom got the Brownies to let me in the troop since I was younger than the scout age requirement. Thanks Mom.

6 comments:

Pretty Things said...

I had one of those Bozo the Clown sock 'em bop 'em things, the blow up plastic things you whacked, and it bopped back, and you whacked it again and again?

But I still am afraid of clowns.

Terri said...

I remember those...we had one too..
I'd have to ask my Mom or my brother if they remember what character it was.

Memories...aren't they fun!

In the Light of the Moon said...

What a wonderful memory!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Anu Lal said...

Wow Tia Terri, your child hood picture!!!!

VS said...

OMG...I ADORE this picture, you are the luckiest girl in the whole world to have it!!!! My husband & I were just talking about Bozo last night, I'm NOT kidding. I said something like if I wore that I'd look like Bozo the clown & he said how sad, kids now don't even know who Bozo is...we're both nostalgic kids of the 50's. Thanks for finding this picture for me...it brings back great memories of simpler times...you're a doll! {& the luckiest girl on earth}
Smiles,
Susie

Beedeebabee said...

You were such an adorable little one! I used to watch Bozo...maybe I saw you when you were on! Hugs, Paulette ;)