Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cigar Box Purse

I recently decided to participate in an 
Altered cigar box swap over at 
Creating a Craft Life ning site.
My Swap Partner was Leslie.
The color theme was Lavender and Cream.
We were to stuff the box with laces and trims.
This is what I created for Leslie.
She likes shabby chic. 
I  just hope she likes what I created for her.
 The piece of ephemera says Spring Opening.
Which I thought was perfect for this month of May 
Spring swap.
 Love this illustrated image of the lady!
Decided to add a beaded dangle charm 
from the handle.

And then tied on a bow with 
sheer cream ribbon.
The back or bottom (depending how she stores it) 
was left smooth.
I found this pretty lavender and cream paper at Joann's.
As well as the faux pearl handle.
And then I made this little 
Thank You for being my swap partner card 
from the left overs that I didn't use on the box.
Hope she likes it!
And thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

MommyScraps said...

Terri this is GORGEOUS!! Leslie's gonna love it! :) How'd you get the handle to stay? I have a 90 percent done altered cigar box just sitting on my dresser waiting for a handle and I couldn't figure it out... :( Love your project!!!

Terri said...

I found the purse mounts (separate from the handles) to attach the purse handle. I believe they come with tiny screws and it worked with thinner types of the purse handles. I have to say for me it was a fluke that I even found them. But I'm thinking the company Darice made them.

Sara said...

wow, its so beautiful. I love the lady. Everything is just so pretty. Hugs Sara

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

This is just toooo beautiful for words! Love it, Terri!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog ~ I'm so glad to have found your lovely blog, too! Quick reminder ~ my upcoming annual WEDDING BLOG PARTY is this Friday, June 8th! I do hope you'll be able to join us and link up with anything of your choosing!! I'll be having a little bridal giveaway along with the party, too!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie

Anu Lal said...

I totally echo the above comments. As Stephanie said, it's better not to use words. beeeeeautiful Tia! What a use you found for a cigar box!

Unknown said...

Wow!...You are soooo talented honey!!...Beautiful!