Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lavender Sachet

Yesterday, I received my parcel from
Caroline, who lives in the UK. 
We did a lavender sachet swap.
Inside was this lovely card (We love our cats)
and this package....
All wrapped up with a tag 
and on it....printed info about lavender.
Very classy.
And here is the sachet that she made for me...
We both dyed our own fabric and then stamped on 
what ever image we wanted. I had requested the shell.
Since I had seen it on her blog.
And then we could embellish it anyway we wanted.
She has hand stitched some of the outline of the 
nautilus and accented it with seed beads.
on both sides.
 Caroline posses a talent I have not wanted to acquire.
That of Crochet. But after doing this project I wish 
I had that in my talent bag to draw on when needed.
After sewing up my little sachet for Caroline, I was reduced to 
gluing on my trims...pretty enough...
 but not like this.
She hand crocheted the edges, then wove in a teal ribbon.
Simply Gorgeous!
The smell is just divine and I just love it!!!
Thank You So Much!!!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

So glad you liked it! I will be posting mine soon... just love it!!
Doing a swap with you is always a joy!

Anu Lal said...

Loved them all...