Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday's Sentiment - The Heart

Of the many morsels I was fed spiritually this day. I will be meditating on these thoughts....

The selfish inclination of our heart is prone to misguide us. "the heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate." (Jer. 17:9) To remain loyal to our heavenly father, we must strip off the old personality with it's tendency toward presumptuousness and self-reliance. And we must put on the new personality, "which was created according to God's will in true righteousness and loyalty.

Ephesians 4:17-24 reads....
17 This, therefore, I say and bear witness to in [the] Lord, that YOU no longer go on walking just as the nations also walk in the unprofitableness of their minds, 18 while they are in darkness mentally, and alienated from the life that belongs to God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the insensibility of their hearts. 19 Having come to be past all moral sense, they gave themselves over to loose conduct to work uncleanness of every sort with greediness.
20 But YOU did not learn the Christ to be so, 21 provided, indeed, that YOU heard him and were taught by means of him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that YOU should put away the old personality which conforms to YOUR former course of conduct and which is being corrupted according to his deceptive desires; 23 but that YOU should be made new in the force actuating YOUR mind, 24 and should put on the new personality which was created according to God’s will in true righteousness and loyalty.


My goal: To make an honest examination of my heart. Keep on doing what I'm doing right. If I'm able to see... (sometimes we do not see ourselves clearly...but if I can)... an area that needs improvement, not to hesitate to make an adjustment. Not to be half hearted in my service but to unify my heart and thus be determined to serve God loyally.

No comments: