Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another Fan

This is the fan I started to make for the swap. Then I changed my mind after reading some of Renee's colors choices that she likes. So I quit when I just had the paper put on and the image selected. So this past Friday it was another one of those creative Fridays that Deb (It's all Good) and I have from time to time. She brought over her projects she wanted to work on and I was trying to finish up things that I started. So this is as far as I got.
It still needs some more finishing touches like an embellishment of some sort on the bottom and some details to the back side.....but it is mostly done. At least I'm farther along than I was. The plum purple is difficult but not impossible to find things to coordinate with. The photo's colors are way off so. I will need to retake the pictures in natural lighting. I used my Spellbinder to cut out he frame and the wing accents and the patterned paper lace. I really like being able to use the tool I have.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely Terri! Your color combinations are really elegant!

artbeckons said...

All of those fans look awesome (I checked out the Flickr link) but I have to say that this one is my favorite! I love the aged look this has - absolutely gorgeous!

Willnnabel said...

This fan is lovely! The pictures in no way do it justice. I told Terri she should sell them. Terri has spent numerous hours paying attention to every detail. I wish you cold see all the elements up close. Terri took tiny amethyst crystals and placed them in those lovely metalwork findings above the portrait. She has incorporated lacy paper fringe, with velvet, gold ribbon, Rich gold embossed papers, and gold die cuts and placed them all on heavy mat board. This piece will surely become someone's heirloom. Way to go Terri!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow, Terri, excuse me while I pick my chin up off the floor, Its Gorgeous, fit for Royalty!!!

Robin said...

This is incredibly beautiful!

tascha said...

Oh these fans are sooooo pretty!

Pretty Things said...

Very regal!

Mary S. Hunt said...

this is beautiful!

Jessica Rodarte said...

Wow! How detailed and lovely!! I missed out... I love swapping, but I think I was getting carried away. ;)

Anu Lal said...

Oh! terrible artistic piece!!!!!!Beautiful!!!

Lynn said...

You made another? Wow, this looks so rich and elegant, the gold on the plum color is beautiful :) Can't wait to see the finished results.