Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Green Fan?

Hello.... Terri..... it's not all green.
Yeah I know. So why am I calling this a green fan.? Because 95 % of it is recycled leftovers from interior design jobs. It pleases me to no end when I can do that.
As you can see from a previous post I have entered a fan swap with Vintage Rose Designs and I thought how great it would be to do a fabric fan from recycled items. What could I come up with.

So I cut out my fan shapes from mat board left over from a framing job. Went though my dropped fabric sample books from Robert Allen. Checked my trunk of miscellaneous trims and what nots. Printed out an image of Marie Antoinette used K & Co.'s vintage paper frames and some rhinestones and Anna Griffin ribbons...the flower was one of the left over from a floral job. And the feathers were left overs from another project. It's rather simple but it all coordinated together pretty nicely.

The only problem is...which really isn't a problem at all...is that the fan panels needed to be 8" in length for the swap and this one with the cording was a little over 6 1/2" shy of 7".
When you cut the little sample fabrics out that is pretty much all you have enough for.

So I went with pretty papers for the swap. I will show you the one I made for my swap partner near the end of this month or the first of September depending on how the mail goes.
I have a couple more fans that I'm working on that I won't be swaping. I'll show them in a future post.

14 comments:

DeeDee said...

I love green...this is stunning...wow glad I stopped by to take alook...wish I had such nice remnants..lol...

Lisa said...

it's adorable Terri...it's always great to reuse isn't it?

Sonia said...

That looks gorgeous Terri, I love it. All the fabrics and trims coordinated wonderfully to make a beautiful fan.
Hugs!
Sonia

artbeckons said...

It's beautiful! And what a beautiful use of your scraps.

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful!!!
:) Missy

Pretty Things said...

Oh it's gorgeous! Maybe it's just destined to hang in your studio! I made a pendant today that upon reflection is just NOT going to work as a piece of jewelry, and it's going to get turned into a bauble to be hung somewhere in the office.

Sharon A. Kyser said...

Now you are the one who makes lovely things! I love this idea too. I hope we will be able to see all of the entries on the fans...Sharon
P.S. Thank you for commenting on my jewelry!

Kelee Katillac said...

Great idea and resourcefulness Terry!

love, kelee

Jan Mader said...

I love it! Made from scraps makes it all the more amazing!

Lynn said...

I love anything made from left overs, much better than sending it to a recycling plant, and look how gorgeous it is, I think you had a lot of fun creating this didn't you?
Can't wait to see more :)

Deb Harvey said...

Beautiful!!! You are very talented and I love seeing your creations!

Oh, and you are welcome for dinner anytime! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your very nice comments!
Have a great weekend!
Deb

Anu Lal said...

I was really busy these days. But when I came back, you have greeted me with so many good news, and a bad one was also there.But this fan is cool.

KV Creative Designs said...

Hi Terri!
Your Fan is Gorgeous! I am still working on mine. Yes, I know it needs to be mailed soon. Love your site! Off to explore it more!
Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

Terri said...

Thank You all for you kind words. I really do appreciate them all.