Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Few Finds for Future Projects

There is a new Salvation Army Store that opened up in my town. I have to admit I would normally have no interest in going to this store. But things change. Circumstances change and interest change. And if it wasn't for the neat finds that Nance form Her Art Nest and Deb from It's All Good seem to find when they go I may have never ventured in. So tonight after a yummy Mexican dinner my husband treated us to. We stopped in to check it out. At first it was as I thought it would be and wondered why I even bothered to come in. But then out of the sea of mess these items seem to rise to the top. I'm thinking ....I can work with this. I also found a "countrified" (a Terri word I think) wood 5 x 5 frame. It had a print of some country geese and the alphabet going around the frame. I have already sanded and gessoed it to get it ready to paint. I'm putting a print of my art work in it for my parents. But the original art work was done for Lynn at Her Creative Spirit for a swap we are doing. Since that is a surprise I will wait to share what I did to the frame in another post.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Terri I can't wait to see what you create! I know it will be fabulous!
XXXX
Becky

Willnnabel said...

Ah ha! So now you caught the bug? Good for you!!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Isn't it amazing what you can find at the thrift stores? :) Would love to see what you create with those frames!
Hugs, Carol Anne

Lynn said...

I have to be in the mood for the thrift shop because you have to really have a good look sometimes, but you did great Terri, love the little frames :)

Deborah said...

How large are these frames and are they metal. I just bought the exact same frames I think and just spray painted them white. They are drying outside the door as I type. Lovely finds and lovely swap items above. Pure eye candy.