Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Recycled Envelope


Here is a little project I have been working on a White Rabbit tea pot paper doll. The art work for this is by Pamela Silin Palmer. It was printed on an envelope I had saved from Nance of Her Art Nest almost 2 years ago. I love Pamela's style of painting. I just didn't have the heart to through it away. I said someday I will do something with this. Well, after I had made the Mad Hatteress paper doll for the Mad Tea Party Mail art group. I had an Ah ha moment. Using a different tea pot pattern from SU! Stamped some legs from a Caterine Moore stamp. Punched out some paper lace, did a little painting added some feathers. Stamped the word dream and there you have it. Now perhaps some glitter. Maybe on those berries.

9 comments:

VS said...

I LOVE your paperdolls & wanted your creation from the swap. If you ever want to swap a paperdoll with me, I would love it!!! Let me know, I drool everytime I see one of yours. :)

Lynn said...

Super creation, super art doll or paper doll, just love the tea pot for the body of it and the addition of the feathers :)

Lynn Stevens said...

OMG this is just adorable, you should have sent it in to Somerset for the mad hatter challenge!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Terri! Your recycled envelope is magical! I love all the perfect details you added to this. The feathers are a great touch. I agree with Lynn, you should have sent this in to Somerset too. Beautiful work!

Thanks so much for your heartwarming comment about my "Wishful Thinking" submission! It means so much! Congrats on being published as well! That's fantastic! You surely deserve it!
Have a great rest of the week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Anu Lal said...

Recycling is a wonderful idea. Through this process we are giving value to something, which in the long run of time has failed to retain its past glory, like how we become in our old age. Recycling brings the thing of value in the past to the thing of value in the present...
Thank you so much for that song...
Anu

VS said...

PS: Just a note to say Thanks for your lovely White Queen tag & added thank you tag, soo cute!! This was fun & I hope to swap again soon. Sincerely, Susie

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Terri I love this! Just so fabulous!
Thanks for visiting with me and the bunnies. We hope you'll visit again soon.
We'll be back to visit with you too!
bunny hugs,
shell

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

OMG I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your paper doll! It's adorable Terri!!
Hugs, Carol Anne :)

Pretty Things said...

I just love your creativity!