Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Lighter Side of when Life Happens...

Front Cover
Just above the bow it says dream big.
Back of cover

When we are making other plans. And life keeps on proving these word to be true. Yesterday Deb and I had one of our Creative Friday's. We had plans to work on our 6 x 6 Cake swaps the Marie Antoinette Art group. We need to make 10 fronts and something nice on the backs.
Images were printed up, supplies all packed to come over to my place, movies to watch, wine to drink, meals planned. This is going to be really good. The plan is to get these mostly done.
All but one very necessary item made it's way over to my house.
Deb's yummy suit case of ribbons and lace.
That's okay "Life" we'll make other plans. Not a problem.
Let's kick in plan "B". Wait! What's plan "B" gonna be?
We'll make something else with what she does have with her.
And I can contribute to whatever she may need.
Deb came up with a neat idea of over the top covers for our
own Art Journal Books.
I already had 6 x 6 pre cut mat board that we gessoed and painted them.
And we were off. We used K&Co. paper for the insides.
Deb went with a Marie Antoinette theme.
So Beautiful in pinks and teals with ribbons, and crystals, glitter.
A must see.
It's good to be flexible. And the day was a great success.
Brunch cooked by Chip kept us going as did the Java Juice.
Thank goodness Deb brought some creamer.
Old movies like Tarzan, and Cheaper by the Dozen kept us entertained.
"Rally" they did.
Chip got us some cinnamon donuts from the cider mill.
Deb also brought Lemonaide Ice Tea. That was great!
And I finally saw the new movie of Marie Antoinette.
I was torn between creating and viewing. What a visually beautiful movie.
Talk about over the top. Oh my Goodness!
A quick yummy dinner consited of Ova-lemona chicken soup and with pocket sandwiches. Loaded with Chicken, feta cheese, monetary jack cheese and clamata olives,
topped with plain yogurt.
Then it was back to the project and some wine and another movie...
You've Got Mail.
A favorite of both of us. Neither of us ever tire of seeing it.
So there you have it another Creative Friday!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks beautiful Terri, and sounds like you had a great day :)

Willnnabel said...

It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Also very delicious!

Anu Lal said...

That is a superb work. Congrats for having a great Creative Week end.

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Just stoppin in to say "hi"!
Gorgeous work as always! I sure wish I still lived closer!

Tootles ♥
Renee

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Absolutely gorgeous Terri!! What a wonderful day you and your friend had!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...your sweet words made my day!
Hugs, Carol Anne :)

VS said...

These are Stunning!!! They immediately caught my eye...I addore the textures & the overall look is just beautiful!

Heather Robinson said...

I absolutely love get-togethers like this one. They just seem to feed the soul don't they? Creativity, good friends, a little wine and movies....ah....think I need one of these days. You asked me about the rusty corner that I used on my house. I think I got it from PaperWhimsy quite a while ago. Retro Cafe Art Gallery has lots of rusty stuff too. You might give her a try. Thanks so much for all of your lovely comments on my blog.

The Rustic Victorian said...

How totally beautiful!!!! such talent!
OXO
Marcie

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is fabulous!!! I love all the extra additions! It's just beautiful!